Sunday, November 15, 2009

thankful for sundays

I'm not going to count the days I've missed blogging anymore. They are piling up too quickly.

For our anniversary last month we went to a stand-up comedian and he joked about the rumor that Lionel Richie is a Mormon. He then said that there is no way he could be a Mormon because he wrote a song entitled "Easy Like Sunday Morning", which is the opposite of Mormon Sunday mornings. Our Sunday schedule is no exception.

7:00 am- alarm goes off
8:00 am- Adam heads off to meetings
10:00 am- Adam comes home, leaves the car running and I leave for choir
11:15 am- I come home, and leave the car running so Adam can meet with the ward missionaries
12:30 pm- Adam comes home, we have lunch and get our "luggage" gathered for church
1:15 pm- leave for church
4:45 pm- arrive home, eat dinner, read scriptures, say family prayers
6:30 pm- all three kids are exhausted and in bed

My favorite part about Sundays is the last item. 6:30 bedtime is awesome! Tonight however, we decided to take the kids for a drive at 6:00. All three fell asleep. When we got home, all three woke up, turning our drive into a quick power nap. It is now 9:41. Lucy has only been asleep for 15 minutes, Meg and Carlie I'm pretty sure are still awake.

I also love going to church. It's something I've done for so many years, I don't know when I started to love it, but I love it now. I am the "permanant substitute" pianist in primary which is my all time favorite job. The choir sang today too and we had 23 people come sing! That is a HUGE success in the ward choir biz. And they sounded fantastic. The speakers were great, and there was a feeling of helpfulness that I wanted to bottle and save. It was just a great day.

Now, it is time to adhere to the true purpose of the Sabbath: rest.

1 comment:

Monica said...

The choir sounded SO GOOD yesterday. Well done! I can relate to your Sundays sister!!