Today is an easy one: I'm thankful for the generosity of wonderful friends. I was at a friend's today getting Meg her first hair cut. She overheard me saying over the phone that "we're doing okay, but every little bit helps". She then proceeded to pull out of her pantry 3 bags full of pasta, fruit snacks, granola bars, jam, apple sauce, olives, salad dressing and various other food items. Then she opened her freezer, two more bags full. Then she took me to the garage for 8 cans of wheat, macaroni, pudding, rice, oats and potatoes. Next she loaded me up with paper towels, kleenex, and toilet paper. Obviously I thanked her and thanked her, and loaded up the kids. Then she ran out with another bag full of cheese and carrots!
I'm getting choked up just typing this. This is what the scriptures are talking about when they say "...prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." -Malachi 3:10
I can't say thank you enough for all the friends that have helped us recently. I know they are following the spirit, and we are grateful.
2 comments:
This seriously made me cry. Peter was without work for six months this last year - we've had a job for a month now. I can't even begin to tell you how truly blessed we were. The Lord directs our every foot step and leads us to serve and be served by others. I hope things look up soon. Times are so hard. What a WONDERFUL friend.
Sounds like you have GREAT friends! What a blessing.
Post a Comment