Tuesday, November 17, 2009

thankful for miracles

I really need to keep a miracle diary for the last 5 months. We have seen so many, and I feel like I have not made time to write them all down. So here is just a small taste, of one small miracle to add to our list.

Saturday we went looking for a new suit coat for Adam. It is a job requirement, and the only one he has now is 3 years old, and doesn't quite fit right. So we looked, I told Adam we could maybe spend $50--maybe. I was planning on using three different cards for the transaction, just to make it work. Adam assured me there was no way we would find one for $50. "Let's just look" I say.

Adam was right, no luck. We found a few for $80 and $90, and a few courduroy for $70, but those are not allowed in his dress code. So we left, and decided to start saving our pennies.

Yesterday things were slow at Adam's second job, so he called and said he was going to take another look. I had looked online as well and found a few more store options. He called a little while later and told me he had bought a coat. Navy blue pin stripe, fits great for-- $19.97. Marked down from $240.00.

1 Nephi 3:7 ... I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

2 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Those little miracles are the BEST, and it is so good that you are humble enough to acknowledge where it came from! Sometimes we forget. (and by we I mean me.)

Julie Jardine said...

That is way cool. I know that similar things have happend throuhout my life. It is always amazing! The Lord just keeps giving!