Thursday, November 5, 2009

thankful for music

Music has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember and I am so grateful for it. Last night I went to choir practice for EVMCO and I love it. I also love teaching my piano and voice students, directing our ward choir, and doing musical numbers for various occasions. I especially love watching my kids develop a love for music. Carlie has just started dancing when she hears music, Megan dances every time she hears music, even if I'm just practicing a hymn. Lucy has started singing and every once in a while we have a "piano lesson". She's already talked about learning the piano and I think it will be great.

Some of you may not know, but Adam also sings very well. He doesn't think he does, but he really does have a pretty voice. I love singing with him most of all. And to our kids. Each of my girls have a lullaby that I sing to them. I hope in the years to come these songs will be a sweet memory for them and a source of comfort.

Lucy's Lullaby: Always

I'll be loving you always
With a love that's true always
When the things you've planned
Need a helping hand
I will understand always

Days may not be fair always
That's when I'll be there always
Not for just an hour
Not for just a day
Not for just a year, but always

Megan's Lullaby: You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm, keep your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky
And the sweet tender song of a lark
Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone.

Carlie's Lullaby: I Will

Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh Christine, you're going to think I'm weird, but singing in church the other day I thought "Man, I miss hearing Christine sing." You have THE MOST beautiful voice. That's wonderful you get to share that with your sweet girls.