Wednesday, November 11, 2009

thankful for a child's perspective

I think one of the best parts about being a mom is watching the way children discover the joys of life.

Last night Carlie discovered splashing. And sliding. She was so cute, she would throw her tummy on the floor of the tub, slide to the edge and then kick, kick, kick and laugh at the water showering her. I loved watching her!

Megan seems to get excited over seemingly little things all the time. This morning her "step" at my step class matched her dress. "Momma look! This matches my dress! Purple and purple! Lucy, look!" She had such excitement in her voice, I can't help but smile.

Yesterday while driving Lucy and Meg were pointing out the colors of the passing cars, a common game in our car. Lucy says, "Mom, wouldn't it be great if we had 5 cars?" I think for a minute. "I guess it would, but it would be kind of a waste since there are only two people in our family who can drive cars." Lucy replied, "No, mom, if we had 5 cars we could share them with all the people that don't have any cars." What a great idea, and what a sweet thought.

I love these girls and am excited to watch what they will do with their kinds hearts.

No comments: