I have become a book worm. It's recent news, but something I never thought would happen. My mother is the biggest book worm I've ever met in my life. She's also one of the smartest. Connection made. But I never understood why reading was so cool. I think it's because my imagination is not so great. Scary books are not all that scary to me, because I can only imagine scary things if I've seen them first. So, if I watch the movie and then read the book, I'm totally freaked out. Make sense?
But all that has changed. Well, not my imagination, but my enjoyment for books. It all started with the cable switch off of '08. Twilight got me started on books again, and it was all downhill from there. Now I feel like I'm always looking for the next good read. But I'm way behind. I just started Harry Potter 6, already loving it. I'm getting into Sue Grafton, and the Miss Julia series. I have to be in the right mood for the classics, which doesn't happen very often, and I have A LOT to catch up on. I do own the complete works of Shakespeare that I know I should read, but. . .
I remember my mom always having a book with her. That day is close by. Maybe when I don't have a baby and a huge diaper bag to haul around. That must be why they invented paperbacks.
2 comments:
I also am learning to love to read more and more. I have always enjoyed it and when I find the right book I am hooked. I think becaue of my reading husband I am learning to read more classics and sticking with a book even though it dosen't always catch me from the first chapter.
I've started to read more too. I think Harry Potter got me started. I hope you have great luck in your efforts to find and read good books!
Post a Comment