Monday, May 4, 2009

rant of the week

What a week. I don't think I have pictures to describe it. But it felt like it was extra busy. With Adam teaching seminary every morning we felt like we were going on vacation this week. It has been amazing the peace that we have felt as he served this week. What a great feeling to have!

I feel like I'm enjoying Angel Baby so much more than I did with my first two. I didn't know any better with Lucy since she was my first, and Meg-- well, she cried A LOT, which made it a little more difficult to enjoy her at this stage. But Carlie, I never get sick of just holding her, or sitting and staring at her. She is so cute and chubby and happy all the time, and I just LOVE it! I find myself ignoring chores just to sit and hold her. And no, I don't feel guilty about it.

I connected with two old friends this week and that was so fun. First I ran into Todd at my cousins' homecoming/farewell last Sunday. I met Todd NINE years ago. We stayed friends until we both graduated and both randomly ended up down here, so we had him and his wife over for dinner on Friday and had a great time. It was fun to think about people and memories I hadn't thought about for ages.

Then yesterday I finally got a hold of Lindsey who I have been missing for a long time and we finally reconnected. The last time I saw her was at my wedding! It was fun to catch up and swap stories since we both have 3 kids now.

Now, on to the rant:

As a short person, I always complained about sizes, why do they have to make everything so long? I have to alter every pair of pants I ever buy! However, now that I have a tall husband to buy for, and tall toddler to buy for I have changed my tune. I seriously can't keep pants on Lucy, every thing is too short. I had to buy her a size 6 skirt just to get it to her knee. But her little waist is so small, I just hope it stays up.

I've learned that when it comes to communicating with toddlers there is a 2.7 second window to answer or respond to any question or comment made before the question/comment is repeated. If you miss that window, the question/comment will be repeated, and then the window will get smaller after each repetition. Yes, my friends, this may drive you crazy. It may cause you to say things like, "Well, honey, um, I think that, um, or maybe, hmmmmmmm, well. . . I'm sorry what?"

I've started jogging, and I still hate it, but I can't deny the results. In two weeks I've dropped 6 pounds and I can now fit into two more pairs of pants. So I bought a new pair of jogging pants, and was so excited that they were a medium and I fit into them! Very exciting! Then I got home and realized the hanger was mismarked, and they were actually-- well, bigger than a medium. We'll leave it at that. Excitement over.

4 comments:

Thomas and Mandi said...

OH... I totally get the 2.7 second thing. Although I think with my 3 year old, it's like 1.5 seconds! It really can drive you CRAZY! Your girls are darling--- glad to hear your enjoying angel baby so much! She's a doll!

Shayla said...

lol you crack me up. I never hem pants. I go for the tattered bottom look. :) And WAY TO GO on the running!! Want to do a Triathlon sprint with me in July??

Pamela said...

I love the thoughts about pants because I have been tall and slender my whole life and I am always complaining because I feel like stores always have things in petiet but not in long. I guess i should think more about those short people and at least be happy there are pants out there for them. Great job on the jogging and keep it up. I go on and off with my excersing so I hope you are better then me.

Heather said...

Ok, I am with you, Christine! My C-section with #5 is this Friday (May 8th) and I am SO excited to get back to smaller clothes and having pants stay up again =) Great job on the jogging, I can't stand running so you are well ahead of me in that department =) Congrats and keep working at it!