If it isn't evident from the fact that they've served 3 missions since retirement (oh yeah, those are just the full time missions, they've also served several shorter missions as LDS chaplains at Philmont Scout Ranch) they don't sit still for long. It was wonderful having them here, they were such a BIG help!
Grandpa braided the girls' hair
Grandma played games and did laundry, including folding it all! I can't remember the last time I had all my laundry done!
Grandpa took the kids on a walk and to the park while I had lessons. I love this picture because I remember him pulling my bike on a rope when I was a little girl!
And grandpa knitted slippers for Meg and Lucy which they LOVE! Meg wouldn't take hers off to go to bed. Grandpa also cleaned the kitchen several times. For family home evening they told us a few stories about the temple and showed us pictures. They also testified that the temple is the house of the Lord. Seth and Caroline and the kids stopped by and stayed for story time with grandpa and grandma.
In between all the excitement we just got to talk and that was my favorite part. Grandma had some great advice on the girls. Adam and I have been thinking about seminary teaching again and Adam is doing his student teaching week this week. It's been an interesting process but we've felt very inspired to pursue this again. Grandma and grandpa were so supportive and insightful as we discussed our concerns with them. They encouraged us, knowing that if this is what we are supposed to do, it will work out. We haven't had that reaction from very many people we've told about our decision, and it was nice to have some support!
We loved having grandma and grandpa here. The girls REALLY loved it. We know that we have been blessed because of their service and are grateful they are part of our family!
4 comments:
What a fun visit you had with Grandpa and Grandma Mills. I can't believe all they did to help you out. They are so awesome. We are excited to see them at the reunion, hopefully.
So Adam is thinking about teaching seminary again. He would be a great teacher!!! I am sure the pay cut would be hard, but like Grandpa and Grandma already said if is is what you are suppose to do, you will be blessed. Keep us posted on your decision.
That really is so much fun. We are hoping that if they make a trip outot see Sherri and Fam they swing down and see us also. we are sort of in between Carla and
Sherri so we can hope.
If not we will see them at the reunion
That is so cool that you were able to have a wonderful week, making memories, and learning from people who mean so much to you. It sounds like you really had a great time.
And that is cool that Adam is doing what he has always wanted to do. And I heard a quote once (I'm not sure if this is word for word...but you get the gist)
That "if it is wrong, it wont work out, and you will be grateful. But if it is right, there is nothing in the world that can stop it." So continue to do what you are doing, and the right thing will happen, and you will be grateful. You guys are awesome! We love you!
What a blessing for them to stay with you. Amazing to have family like that shower you with love!
& Adam would be amazing. I'm not sure if you know Brother Sterling {seminary teacher in our stake}. Amazing fellow! My point is he touches SO MANY kids lives, and Adam SO has the personality and spirit to do just that! Sometimes it is hard to make decisions that aren't a financial increase, but holy cow, the blessings you would receive for teaching kids and being such an influence on them. Not that you've asked, but I hope he does it!! :)
Post a Comment