Monday, April 20, 2009

cinderella

As of late, Lucy has done away with naps. Which kind of stinks. Because by noon, I am ready for a little down time. So I give her an hour of quiet time, which she usually gets out of three or four times for potty breaks, drink breaks, and 'I'm bored' breaks.

So I had the genius idea of giving her chores to do so that she won't want to get out of quiet time! Brilliant!

Lucy's response? "Can I use daddy's new blue vacuum that's just my size?"


So much for that idea. I should have known better considering Cinderella is one of her role models.

6 comments:

Pamela said...

That is cute and good luck with trying ot keep her in quit time. We go through the same things with Miranda some days.

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

my kids get a drink and go potty before we start then if they come out of their room the time starts over sometimes adds 5 min everytime they come out don't worry be strong and it a week it will be fine.

nicole said...

She's so adorable! I love that second picture... the look on her face is too cute.

Cilka said...

She is so stinkin cute!! I think she looks just like you. Maybe you should teach her how to do ALL the chores! Then maybe you could have naptime! :)

Anna said...

ha ha, so much for quiet time. I personally would take after Noelle's philosophy, in this situation but all I can really say is, good luck! :)

And btw, what is your email address? I've going through my friends list and I know not everyone got an invitation to my blog because it's private, anyway let me know so I can add you. (I'm on facebook, or I guess email me at cadburyaddict@gmail.com)

Julie Jardine said...

That is a great idea. I'm always wishing that the "toy" vacum actually worked. The only troube is that they think it is great for a couple of times, but then they start to complain when it gets boring or too hard. Oh well...chores are great! And I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to do more things.