Monday, April 13, 2009

a little taste of home. . .

ON THE WRONG WEEKEND! I usually LOVE the rain because it reminds me of home, and we hardly ever get rain here. But last Saturday, this is what we woke up to:



And I wasn't very happy about it! My friend Sherry and I had planned a neighborhood easter egg hunt for our little street, and we had not planned for the wet weather. We had been planning for 2 months, and the kids were so excited that we really didn't want to postpone, so. . .


We did it anyway! We bundled the kids and tried to find dry spots but we had so many eggs we ran out of dry spots really fast. We had the older kids (8 and over) hide the eggs, and then the younger kids find them with the help of the older kids. We had 7 kids finding eggs, and 5 kids hiding and about 180 eggs. Needless to say, the kids had a ton of eggs and a ton of fun. Then we gathered in our garage and had donuts, muffins and juice. I feel a tradition beginning!


Afterwards, snuggling was a must to get everybody warmed up!

2 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

It cracks me up to hear to talk about the "cold". I guess it's all relative though, isn't it? We are excited to finally be getting some warmer weather up here, and even on rainy days, the kids are running around without shoes or coats, because it is 60 instead of 30! So it feels WARM to us! So I'm glad you didn't cancel your plans! It looks like you had a lot of fun! That would be a great tradition! I only wish we could have been there to participate! Glad you guys had a Happy Easter!

etreiersen said...

Looks like you guys had a fun neighborhood party. What good ideas you have. It looks like a nice neighborhood that you live in. We can't wait to see you guys in August!!!