Thursday, January 29, 2009

sleeping beauty

Carlie is still playing Sleeping Beauty. So much that I can barely get her to finish nursing when she wakes up before she falls asleep again. Here she is weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds and 8 ounces. And yesterday she was 20 inches. My doctor has tracked her at a different length at every visit ranging from 19 1/2 - 20 1/2. We're going to call that a user error. She is 21 inches.

And I had to post a pic of her super cute outfit from Aunt Trisha (one of many). Especially since she's almost already grown out of it! I was going to be prepared this time and told everyone what I needed was teeny tiny baby clothes since Lucy and Megan both were around 7 pounds well into their first month. It really wasn't until they were about 7 or 8 weeks old that 0-3 month outfits weren't swimming on them. So, that's what I got and now we have beautiful Carlie already popping out of newborn size! Don't you love her ballet slippers?
This was what we did for Lucy and Mommy time yesterday. It was Caroline's birthday so we got her this trifle bowl and made the yummiest chocolate trifle for her birthday dessert. Lucy loved mixing everything up and then putting in all the layers. Happy Birthday Caroline!

5 comments:

etreiersen said...

Carlie looks so adorable in her outfit. I can't believe she has almost already outgrown it. I can definetly see her someday playing the part of a bon bon in the nutcracker ballet.

Tell Lucy nice job on the trifle, it looks delicious!!!

Me and My Boys said...

Hmmm I take some of that cake, looks tastey. I think it's adorable that you have a little chubby baby. Although she's nothing to the little boy in our ward who is 3months and weighs 20 lbs, Miles is almost a year and weighs 15. She is sooo cute, maybe one day I'll have a girl and get to dress her up in cute ballet slippers, how fun.

nicole said...

What a little sweetie! How nice that she's still sleeping so much. That must be a gift from Heavenly Father so mommy (and daddy) have some time to recover. You guys sure make beautiful babies!

And that trifle looks sooo yummy!!

6jardines said...

It was sooo yummy!!! Thanks for making it for me...and for the cool dish... Me owning a trifle dish could be dangerous!!

Rae said...

Such cuties!! You two make great babies!

P.S. Don't tempt us with that extra bedroom...we may visit and NEVER leave! ;)