. . . has really been great! Well considering I spent 2 of those days in the hospital, the next 2 with mom and dad here to help, the next 2 with Adam here at home helping and the last 1 Caroline took Lucy and Megan all day so I could rest with Carlie. Okay, so maybe this week is not the best one to compare. But I'm feeling good today and have all three napping! Wahoo! I'm constantly trying to rate my patience, so I don't get overwhelmed. Carlie is our little sleeping beauty. She just sleeps all day, wakes up to eat, and then right back to sleep. I've had to wake her to feed her a few times. Lucy has an upper respiratory infection, so no holding Carlie until Saturday. She is crushed! I feel terrible that I have to threaten her with making the baby sick, but that is the only thing that will deter her. Megan is a little trooper. I just love that girl! She loves her little sister and has a smile for me every time my emotions get the best of me. She'll come pat my knee and say "kay, Momma?"
It was amazing after having Lucy how much I loved her from the minute I saw her. And when we found out we were pregnant with Megan I never thought I could love her as much as I loved Lucy. Then we met Megan and more love came with her. Now with Carlie I am again overwhelmed with how much I love this precious girl I just met. What a blessing it is to have so much love in such cute little bundles.
7 comments:
Your little Carlie is an absolute doll! I know what you mean about the seemingly endless love you feel for each child. It's amazing. I'm so glad you've had a good first week! That's wonderful. For me... it always got harder when they became more demanding at a few weeks old, and then Jon went back to work, and no one was really there to help. Thank goodness you have Caroline! What a huge blessing! Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly. Take care!
Thanks for sharing. What a blessing to have three little children sent from heaven.
Your girls are beautiful! I love Carlie's chubby cheeks. And Lucy has gotten so big. I remember when she was just a baby.
I'm glad to hear all of you are doing well. Carlie, is way too cute. I love those chubby cheeks, I just want to pinch them.
I wish we lived closer so I could bring you a meal and watch Lucy and Megan during the day so you could get some rest.
Hope to see all of you soon!
Carlie is sooo precious! Three little girls ... you all are very blessed and they are all so darling!
3 down, 4 four more to go! Heehee =) Poor Adam doesn't stand a chance! Thank you for reminding me of my high school prediction, now I can look at your beautiful little family and smile with extra amusement =) Love you!
How's your C-section healing up? I am looking forward to my 4th in a few months. How are Lucy and Megan adjusting to your new schedule? I know they LOVE their little sister, but having to split "mom" time with Carlie... how are they doing with that?
Ok, enough questions...love you, girlie!
OK... so here's the secret to Elli's headbands... I don't make them. :) I have someone who Jackson refers to as "the bow lady" who I take Elli's outfits to and she makes a bow to match. I have made a couple of them, but they never look as cute, plus I figure by the time I went out and bought all the ribbons and make them, it's much easier to just have them made. So there it is! Sorry I can't give you any better tips!
Your new little girl is DARLING! I love those cheeks! Love them! Hope you are recovering well!
Post a Comment