Monday, January 19, 2009

Life's simple thoughts

We couldn't help but post this cute photo of baby Carlie. She was taking a nap earlier today and we were so glad to have the camera close by so we could catch this cute picture. As we mentioned before, she's the biggest of the three kids and I think this picture shows us where the extra is!! What a cute little chunk!

With my beautiful wife and these 3 cuties around, I am highly outnumbered and the odds of the male gender ever evening out the numbers in the Jardine home just gets slimmer and slimmer every moment. However, I can't think of 4 women that I would rather be surrounded by than our little family. The previous Prophet and President of our church, Gordon B. Hinckley said in a church wide conference a few years back:

"When a man gets old he had better have his daughters about him. They are so kind and good an thoughtful....And 'my cup runneth over' because of this."

How blessed I feel to have a wife and daughters to look out for and to be surrounded by. During some of the quiet moments we've had over the past couple of days, that quote and a few others have surfaced. There is such power in statements by Prophets of God and Apostles of Jesus Christ regarding family, the responsibilities we carry as parents and the joys family can bring. President Hinckley also said:

"In terms of your happiness, in terms of the matters that make you proud or sad, nothing - I repeat nothing - will have so profound an effect on you as the way your children turn out."

Then the powerful and prioritizing statement offered by President David O. McKay:

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home."

How grateful I am to have such sweet beautiful family members to be the savor of life. God lives and I'm so thankful for the many blessings he gives us each day.

6 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

That is a cute picture! Me and Jared agree with your quotes! (Who wouldn't?) Our kids really are our greatest treasures! Thank you for sharing such a sweet post!

dani said...

She is so Cute!!!! Congrats on the new addition!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

She is BEAUTIFUL. . .surprise surprise. . . I am so happy for you! 8lbs 9ozs is a good size baby, and she is so cute! I LOVE the cheeks!

Sarah said...

OH my goodness. What a little doll. She is so adorable. Congratulations you guys! Best wishes in the days and weeks ahead.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

what cute chubbie cheeks! She is so beautiful. Glad everything went well. Congratulations!

Kristen said...

Oh Christine, she is beautiful!!!