Thursday, January 1, 2009

Non-Crafting Christmas

Now that Christmas is past and the presents have been opened I can share my project for this year. I found these cute albums at a scrapbook store and got this fabulous idea for a Christmas scrapbook! Because you know you always have a hundred pictures from Christmas, and it would take up 12 pages in the kids' books. But Christmas is a family event, so wouldn't it be great to have all your Christmases through the years in one place? How fun would that be to look through every year at Christmas? I know! So this is was turned out:
I added each couples name with the year they were married. I made one of these for all of our brothers and their wives, which worked out great since this is the first year everyone is married! It's hard to read, the caption says the couples name and then 'sharing Christmas together since ___' depending on when they got married. The bottom one says 'a place for Christmas memories'.Then you can also use them as a Christmas decoration since they stand on their own, and when pictures are added they will fall open so you can see inside while it's standing up. Needless to say I had a great time making them and they were in our budget (which was basically non-existent, I wish I could tell you how much I spent on this project, but that would be tacky, right?). I just wish I'd made one for myself!

3 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

VERY cute!

Sarah said...

So fun! And I bought the pink dress for Ella that you have in your top picture.

Julie Jardine said...

I am so grateful to have been one of the lucky people to have recieved such a cute thing! Thanks Christine! It is really super cute! I'm excited to fill it with lots of Christmas memories!