Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Rewind

We hope all of you had a great Christmas holiday, we sure did. This is the first year we haven't travelled for Christmas and we really enjoyed staying home. We started our week by doing our Christmas baking, this year it was snickerdoodles. It was great for the kids because they could help roll the dough in sugar, and they loved that. But Megan did try to sugar coat our entire table when we weren't looking. That was fun to clean up.
The girls wanted to get all dressed up for Christmas eve, even though we didn't really have anywhere to go. Thanks to Kelly we got a last minute invite to their family Christmas eve party and had a great time! They had some neat traditions we got to participate in and even fed us German pancakes. It was a lot of fun!Here is Lucy Christmas morning with her presents from Santa Claus. She got a painting easel, a Mary Poppins doll, some paints, paper and a book. Megan was so excited about her new bike! She kept sitting on it saying "My Bike!" She also got a book, a stuffed tiger and a play house. Lucy has already painted us 3 beautiful pictures, she loves having a real art studio! And the fact that Santa put her name on the top was a huge plus as well. Now we just have to get ready for Hailey, or Noelle, or Carlie. Maybe she's a boy. Maybe that's why we can't pin down a name. The official date is January 15th, and it is coming fast! I teach my last lesson today and then I'll be done until we get settled with the new baby's routine. Hopefully she will be an easy baby so I can keep going, I really love teaching these kids. It has been very rewarding to have music in my life again. As of right now I'm up to 10 piano students and 5 voice students. I may have to cut down a little after the baby comes. We'll see.
Neal is getting married in two days! How crazy! I wish I could be there but I know everything will go great even without me there. We love you guys!

2 comments:

etreiersen said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. It looks like you had a lot of fun with making cookies. We wish you guys were here with us in San Antonio. Did you get the DVD me sent you?

Julie Jardine said...

I'm glad you posted a picture of the Easel. I was wanting to see how you painted it. Super cute! It looks like you had a great Christmas!