Saturday, April 30, 2011

embracing the blue

Today was baby shower day! Hooray! My best friend Cheri, with the help of Kristen and Audra put it on for me and we had a great time!

I'll be honest, the blue is weirding me out a little bit. But seriously how cute is this stuff?



I LOVE orange and blue for a little boy! My visiting teacher made this adorable blanket for baby boy.


Cars! I'll have to start looking for these on sale.


Monkeys! There will also be a lot of monkeys around here.


All the clothes. . . gray, khaki, blue, brown-- some of my favorite colors, and this boy will be quite the looker in all this cuteness.


Burp cloths-- so cute! So cute, I can't decide if I should start wishing for a puker so I can use all these!


Frogs are new too!


More blankets. . . blue, green, brown


Diapers. Sigh of relief. One less thing to stress about stocking up on.

And maybe my favorite gift, from a good friend and mother of 4 boys. "You can never have too many wipes or air fresheners for boys bathrooms! Here's a start for your stash".


Feeling pretty loved today! Included but not pictured was also an envelope with the money for a ridiculously expensive diaper bag I've been drooling over, and a an offer for services after baby boy comes-- sweeping and mopping my floor, watching the kids, date nights or help so I can nap! Another favorite gift!

4 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

I wish I could have been there! Gifts to come from me later! Seriously...Clorox wipes were a great idea. Especially when potty training comes around! :) I love all the stuff you got! SO CUTE! Love it all. That baby is goona be Super cute!!!

etreiersen said...

I wish I could have been there. How nice that you have had a shower for everyone of your children. I never had one for Rachel. You got some cute baby boy clothes. I bet it is nice to see blue, green, and brown. Probably a nice change from all the pink over the last 5 years. The clorox wipes made me laugh. What a great gift for a mother of a boy. Can't wait to see pictures of you baby boy. Have you and Adam decided on a name yet?

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

Boys are SO fun! So excited for you!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

That is so awesome! I really hoped for a little girl and now that we have a boy I just keep hoping that we get more boys! Cute stuff!