I had a great Mother's Day yesterday. It had been a long week. A week full of drama, and tears and more stress than I felt I needed to deal with. But the amazing thing about adversity, is that you find out who your friends really are. I got my first Facebook Slam this week, which really stunk since I'm NOT in high school, but oh well, it happens. The great thing was how many friends reached out to me, called to check on me, came over, brought me ice cream, took me out for ice cream (because for a pregnant woman, ice cream heals all wounds), and emailed me private messages of concern.
Lessons learned: News travels FAST on Facebook. Really fast. I have A LOT of wonderful people in my life. Following the spirit sometimes means making people REALLY mad. But it is still the right thing to do.
Now, back to Mother's Day. Adam and the girls spent the Saturday cleaning the house and shopping, allowing me some alone time and some relaxation. It was great. Sunday I got breakfast in bed, speakers and a docking station for my iTouch, and my favorite: Paradise Bakery Cookies. I felt very loved and it was great.
My mother, did not get the royal treatment from me, sadly. But she is still amazing. I love how she never has an unkind word for anyone and has taught me how to look for the good in everything. In fact, I attribute my coping skills during my rocky week to my good mother. While I wanted to post sarcastic comments back, I thought about my mom's great example, and tried to do what she would do.
Also, my good mother-in-law for raising five great sons, and saving the very best one for last. I have learned a lot from her, and feel very lucky to have the husband I have.
Happy Mother's Day all you fantastic Mommies!
3 comments:
I am soooo out of the loop. Totally didn't know you were having a baby, let alone a boy. Congrats! Glad you had a good Mother's Day. Not really sure what happened on FB... sorry. We aren't even friends on FB. We can change that though. Hope this week is better.
Wow, Christine. I'm sorry about the Facebook thing. Not sure what happened,but I am definitely sorry. There's so much I could say about people using facebook to hurt others. Blah. Hate that. So sorry. Glad you had a fun mother's day though. Your girls are beyond beautiful and I'm sure that little boy is going to be one handsome guy!!
Sorry you got hurt on facebook. That's awful. :( I hate drama!! And I don't get why some women seem to thrive on it! Glad you were able to have a happy Mother's Day anyway!!
Post a Comment