This little girl has been going through the wringer over here! She spent a day, March 2, throwing up. I didn't worry too much, figured it was a virus and let her be. The next day she wouldn't eat because her throat hurt so bad. That's when I took her in and found out she had strep. Within 4 hours of antibiotics she was back to normal.
After 7 days of medicine Meg started to complain, so I let Meg finish the dosage for Lucy. Found out later, that is like THE WORST thing you can do, so don't try it. So on March 24, Lucy started feeling sick again-- strep, again.
This time Lucy got all 10 days of meds, and the day she finished, Meg got it. So we put Meg on antibiotics. So far she hasn't had it again.
Then, on April 16, Lucy started complaining AGAIN! This time I took her to an Urgent Care because our Dr. was closed, and I had to get her on those meds fast. She literally won't eat a thing until she gets them and I knew it couldn't wait until Monday. Another full 10 day dosage, she finished last monday.
Guess what happened last night? Up again puking! This time only 4 days after finishing her meds. These episodes get closer together each time, if this keeps up she's going to start symptoms the same day she's off medication.
My dad and I were both strep carriers, I had tonsilitis every 6 months from the time I was 12 until I was 21 and finally got my tonsils out. I don't think I'm going to let Lucy wait that long. Especially since it is so frequent. I feel so bad for her, poor little thing! Hopefully this time it isn't strep, but it sure looks that way. That would be 4 times in 8 weeks!
Apparently my genes have some apologizing to do.
2 comments:
Uugghhh!! That does NOT sound fun!!! I had strep a TON growing up too. Ouch!!!
Oh, how miserable!! Hope she stays well for a while for her sake and YOURS!
Post a Comment