Monday, April 18, 2011

the final year

We celebrated Adam's final year in his 20's a little different this year. We got an invitation for a Murder Mystery dinner for the day before so we enjoyed getting dressed up for the occasion. Okay, well, I did. Adam mostly enjoys these kind of things but definitely needed some prodding. My character was Polly Stuffingcup. I was supposed to wear a mini skirt, a sheer or mesh top and a padded bra. I was a wealthy 19 year old so I improvised. Even though, I will admit I had a tube top in my cart at the store until Adam insisted that would be inappropriate. (I was going to wear a shirt underneath, but seriously how funny would that have been? A pregnant girl in a tube top!) I even bought a bump-it so I could really get into character. Adam was Knight Rider who was a bar tender/butcher/bionic man/male escort (if you know what I mean). You can't see it, but I did convince him to wear a Corona t-shirt, and those awesome 70's jeans! He promptly threw away the shirt as soon as we got home. He wouldn't even let the girls see him wear it! We had fun, the other guests were the seminary teachers he works with and their secretary. We had an amazing dinner and cheesecake for dessert. I'll spare you the details of the story line, let's just say if any of those things had actually happened, everyone in that room would have been fired from their current employment. The next night we had a birthday dinner with Seth and Neal and their families. The next day we did another birthday dinner since I didn't quite get the first one right. My choice, not Adam's. He was very grateful for the festivities and his gifts. I am so grateful for such a great husband. I feel so lucky every day to have him as my companion and as the dad to such wonderful girls. I love you, baby!

1 comment:

Julie Jardine said...

You got me there with that tan shirt underneath.
You guys look awesome. Jared and I did one of those when we were first married, and loved it. We always talk about doing it again. Looks so fun! Happy Birthday Adam!