We have had one super fun week. I was sure that the pictures from this trip would be priceless. But my camera was out of batteries. "No use in bringin it if there's no batteries" I thought, completely ignoring the fact that we would pass 100 places to buy batteries on our way, and the fact that Julie keeps a year supply of batteries in her house.
So sadly, another trip post with ZERO pictures. I can't believe I did that again. But here we go anyway.
First my parents came for a quick visit. They took me out for a birthday dinner and mom took me and the girls shopping. We had a great time, and my dad played handyman while my mom played maid and babysitter. I love it when they come, I get a real break. Mom and Dad brought "Bolt" for Lucy and we've probably watched it 50 times since then. They also took Meg and Lucy on the two hour trip up to the reunion. I can't tell you how nice it was to only worry about one kid on our little road trip!
We started out at Camp Verde Arizona for a family reunion with my mom's family, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. It was a blast. We had a very relaxed scedule, went on a hike, hung out at the pool, took long naps, and remembered why we don't have tv in our house. It's amazing how a few months away can shock you. I can't believe what they have on tv these days! Anyways, I'll save that for another day. . . Grandpa paid for us to have a buffet breakfast and dinner everyday. Oh MAN, was that good. And is it just me or does knowing that you can eat all you want make you NEED more food? I ate so much food, oh but it was so good.
The reunion ended with beautiful testimony meeting of just our family. That's become a tradition of these reunions and I love it. It was so great to hear from our wonderful family and all of their insights. There is no contention in that big Mills family, and it is a beautiful thing.
Then we were off to Utah. I figured since we were two hours closer it would be super fast. Boy was I wrong. I was worse than the kids. Adam finally kicked me out about 3 hours away from Orem, and made me ride with my parents. Just kidding, he kindly suggested I spend my last few hours with my parents since we wouldn't see the in Utah. But I was rotten. Really rotten.
We FINALLY got there, and it was worth the trip. We had a girls lunch, went shopping, played games, went to the canyon for dinner, got a huge family picture, went to the park, played baseball, and made bows, so many bows! Those just happen to be my favorite things to do in Utah.
We had a birthday party for me, with my new tradition: cookies instead of cake. Linda made all the cookies, and they were SOOOOO good. The girls bought me a pinata for my birthday and Adam got me the new Taylor Swift CD and a gift card for iTunes. Adam also gave me breakfast in bed, and the one thing all mothers really want: A NAP! He was so sweet to take the kids so I could rest after our girls lunch. It was a great birthday!
Angel Baby didn't do so hot on our trip. She didn't nap more than an hour at a time our whole trip. Most of the time it was about 20 minutes. She woke up at least twice every night, sometimes more. She finally slept a full 12 hours last night, that was so nice. But am I complaining about the waking up? No way, I miraculousy lost another 2 pounds despite the buffets, the cookies, the bbq ribs, the gallons of soda and ice cream and all other kinds of vacationing food. She is my secret weight loss weapon. And oh so cute!
So there you have it. Hopefully I can get some pics from those smart enough to bring their cameras. Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
It's so nice to be with family, but sometimes it does get tiring! Aren't we grateful for patient husbands who put up with us!
Audra
Are you telling me you lose weight when you nurse?! Oh you lucky, lucky girl. When I wean my babies, around a year, I am almost always within a couple pounds of my delivery weight. You are a lucky girl!!
Post a Comment