Sunday, December 7, 2008

when will the madness end?

A while back in one of our married student wards they asked 'what do you like to do together as a couple?' At the time I didn't have an answer. Now I know for sure it is redecorate our house. In the last month we have switched all the furniture again, acquired a new (and beautiful!) entertainment center, had the front room painted and up the stairs, had the front room repainted, put up the tree and decorations to go with it, then added more decorations and put up Christmas lights outside the house. I would love to post pictures of all the cuteness, but my house is a DISASTER! I have the best of intentions every morning, and then I get a swift kick in the gut, or ribs, or hips, that takes me out for the day. Goodness, this baby is brutal! Maybe she's mad we haven't picked out a name yet. Our considerations this week are Noelle and Claire.
So let me tell you about the lights. We decided on Thursday that we needed outside lights. We took a chance on WalMart despite Christy's warnings. We lucked out and they all worked! However, despite Adam's planning at the store, his excitement got the best of him in the end. When he finished all the hanging he turns to me, "Hon, can you hand me the extension cord?"
I hand him the outlet side.
"No, I need the other side."
We look at each other.
"Crap."
He had put the lights up starting with the wrong side so we had no way of plugging them in. I almost started crying. It was late, and I'm pregnant. And my feet hurt, and I missed The Office. So it probably wasn't just the lights. Anyways, the next night Adam took another crack at it and here it is! I would love it if we could do lights on the top arch too, but we decided it's not quite worth the risk. Maybe next year.

6 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

They look great! And next year it will go that much easier and faster, do to the experience you gained this year!

Me and My Boys said...

Your house is so cute! and the lights look great. One day you'll look back and laugh at it all, I can't believe how close you are to your third, time flies! Good Luck and Merry Christmas.
p.s. both names are really cute!

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

cute names! I love my name but I love the name clair it is so cute and I think it matcher your other girls names.

Christy said...

Glad your Walmart lights worked... I've thrown away a ton of crappy lights this year! I'm going to have to hit the stores the day after christmas to restock myself for next year.

Eric was born in December and his parents tell him all the time that if he had been a girl, they would have named him Noel. He cringes everytime he thinks about it...he's really glad he's not a girl! :)

Here's a tip for light installation next year... plug your lights into the extension cord and hang them up while they are plugged in. That way you always hang them up right and if there are any sections that aren't working, you'll hopefully know befoer the job is done! (learned this one the hard way too!)

Rae said...

i think you should do noelle!!!

Heather said...

Nothing to do with your current blog, but I would LOVE to see a prego picture =)

Love both names, I haven't even started looking for our newest little one! We will find out what we are having in January, so wish us luck too!

Love you!