Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the new routine

THE OLD ROUTINE:

I get up at 6:30, wake up Adam.
Read scriptures, make breakfast, make Adam a lunch for work, greet the girls as they wake up.
Shower, get dressed, get the girls bathed and dressed.
Do a few chores, dishes, laundry, clean bathrooms, mop the floor.
Feed the kids lunch, put them down for naps.
A few more chores, read emails, blogs, maybe watch a show.
When the kids wake up we go shopping, play outside, do playdough, read books.
Teach lessons after school gets out, make dinner.
Clean up dinner, scriptures with family, prayers, and bedtime for the kids.
Spend time with Adam.
Sleep.

THE NEW ROUTINE:

Adam gets up on his own, makes his own breakfast and lunch while I sleep in.
Lucy eats breakfast with Adam then entertains herself until I'm ready to wake up.
Megan wakes up and yells "Momma! Out! Momma! Out!" only then am I ready to wake up.
Painfully move around the house, ignoring the mess pouring from every room.
Complain about how huge I am.
Make a mental list of 'absolute necessities'. Usually consists of feeding the children and resting.
After lunch we all nap.
Try to do the dishes. Don't finish.
Adam gets home, makes dinner, does the dishes, vacuums, plays with the kids, insists I lay down.
Scriptures and prayers, put the kids to bed.
More complaining.
Oh yeah, and add in about 6 meals according to the unborn's will.
Sleep. Or at least an attempt at sleep. Interrupted of course by frequent bathroom breaks, hunger pains, kicks to the ribs, hips, and lower abs.

4 comments:

Rae said...

wow. such fun to look forward to...

Cilka said...

Oh you poor thing...you make me remember just how fun those last few weeks of pregnancy are. Ugghhh.

I hope you have a great Christmas!

Christy said...

Glad to know you are human - man, your old routine... way too organized and together for my blood!

Hang in there... not much longer, right?

Julie Jardine said...

Reading that brought back memories!
It will be nice to not be pregnant anymore, but that doesn't mean any extra sleep!! At least for a little while! Or maybe your little sweetie will be a great sleeper! I hope so!