Sunday, October 31, 2010

happy halloween

PHEW! Our Halloween celebration has felt like a marathon. Meg is still sleeping this morning at 8:20, that is like some kind of record in our house. First of all, can I say how much I LOVE halloween in Arizona? Trick-or-treating weather is perfect, and everyone seems so relieved that it's not 110 degrees outside that they tend to be more friendly and want to stay outside and chat. I love it!
So Friday night a friend organized a trick-or-treat for anyone who wanted to participate, so smart, and gave us a map of people who were up for it. The kids had a great time, I drove them around with my friend Sarah and her cute boys. We had a two ballerinas, a cheerleader, and two charaters from Iron Man. They were so adorable.
Then last night-- we ran to a children's home to help with their halloween party, then off to our ward trunk-or-treat, and home for the block party. I seriously cooked all day Friday and Saturday, but I had too much fun! And Adam did do all the dishes, which was quite a task!
We had Snack-O-Lanterns:
Peanut Butter Spiders:
Salty Bones and Blood:
Creepy Crawly Cupcakes:

And Mummy Pizzas: which I did not get a picture of, but they were so cute and so yummy. You'll just have to trust me.

We also carved pumpkins, but did we take pictures? Of course not, that would mean I was on top of things. . .

2 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

I love that your kids can wear costumes that don't require being warm! It was raining like crazy here. Luckily we had a trunk or treat inside the church. So the kids got a lot of candy fast, and in the warmth.
I love the snacks. Are those carved oranges? So cute. It is always fun to go the extra mile and make a holiday special.
What cute girls.

Teresa said...

These are SO cute. Great job! What a fun mom you are!