Thursday, October 21, 2010

a great way to fill a friday

Last February I got to play Wedding Planner for a few weeks for my lovely friend Tonja. I had a blast doing it, but the creativity on my part was definitely lacking. Lucky for me the other ladies jumped in and created a masterpiece that brought tears to Tonja's eyes.

Last Friday our ward got to host another wedding, this time I was not in charge (and pretty darn happy about it!) but I helped put some things together. My aunt here in Phoenix has done lots of weddings and was very kind to let us borrow her things.


My cousin Erin did the wedding cake, one of her first! Isn't it gorgeous?
The centerpieces. . . The other centerpieces. . .
And the arch where they were married. This was my job, with help, of course.
It was a long day, but a great day. I also got to play the piano for the beautiful couple. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the bride, she was busy. This reception included Bucca di Bepo's and a chocolate fountain.
I also didn't take pictures of the two coolest, and most time consuming elements! They covered the ceiling in tulle, and had these gorgeous white painted trees. I'm official a bad picture taker!

No comments: