I haven't done a "random" post in a while, and for some reason today feels like the day.
*I just finished out budget, once again SURE that the numbers weren't going to add up, and this would be the month to panic. Once again I am wrong, and once again the spirit has reminded me that Heavenly Father is and will continue to take care of us, especially while Adam is teaching these chosen spirits.
*Angel Baby is all over the place, up the stairs, in the cupboards (playing with and crawling inside when she can unload all the contents), in the bathroom, on the step-stool, under the table, out the front door even! But she is still too cute! I have felt much more lax with this one, Lucy and Meg never got to play with my pans or tupperware, but Angel Baby gets away with it. Until she grabs my bread pans-- when she bangs them against the tile, I just can't handle that noise!
*We had a meeting with Br. Valinga on Tuesday night- he is the rep from Salt Lake who has a big say on who gets hired. It was a great meeting. And what did he talk to us about? Being parents. Having a family. Loving our family. Loving our kids. It was awesome, and he had such a neat spirit. Plus, there was pie! Gotta love that!
*I auditioned and got into a choir down here, the East Valley Mormon Choir. I am LOVING it! We went back and forth on if I should do it. It's 3 1/2 hours on Wednesday night, including travel time, and a little money for music and a dress. But I already feel that it has been worth it. And they LOVE a big sound which just happens to be my specialty so I get to REALLY sing! :sigh: The concert is on Dec. 10 for anyone in the area, it will be fantastic, and it's all Christmas music. Plus there is a sunbeam choir, a youth choir, and a high school choir with an orchestra as accompaniment. It's going to be good!
*My piano and voice students are having a recital next weekend, and I am excited for them. I finally get to do one all together, having it at the church. I really love all my students, and it is so great to see how they all learn differently. Some get one song per week, others two, some three. Some will not do much if it's not challenging, others get overwhelmed and don't try if they think it's too hard. Some are wonderful sightreaders, others work through repeptition. And then I have that one student who sounds great even when she's singing incorrectly--what do you do with that!?!? Luckily she is also a good student, and works for improvement even when it's already pretty darn good.
There you go. End of blog.
2 comments:
Good luck with the singing and the recital and the "noise" from bread pan...whew! how do you do it?
you are a great mom! And Happy Annivesary....belated.
Congrats on the choir Christine! That is a great accomplishement for you. I love your talents. Thank you for sharing them with all around. I just realized that you started having babies very quick! I guess that leaves plenty of time to have lots more right??
Post a Comment