Saturday, October 24, 2009

reminiscing

I remember what I was doing at this exact time exactly five years and two days ago: Lying in a comfy bed at my grandparents house preparing for the next 8 hours that were sure to be completely sleepless. I was so nervous, I didn't want to sleep in and miss my 6 am hair appointment, or forget to brush my teeth, or leave my clothes at home. It was one of those nights where you wake up 50 times to check the clock, only to find out you've been asleep for 20 minutes.

I remember what I was doing exactly five years and 36 hours ago: In the chair at my hair appointment with my mom and grandma getting pampered for THE BIG DAY. I don't remember what we talked about, I remember being nervous since I didn't bring a picture to show the hairdresser, and my talking skills have never been good. I remember how cute my mom's hair looked-- and then they combed out all the cute curls and turned mom's hair into a still cute, but really big poofball. Thankfully it had calmed nicely by the time we took pictures. I remember driving to the temple feeling calm and excited all at the same time. Halfway wondering if we were going to get in an accident on the way, or get pulled over, or drive into a ditch, anything to keep the next few hours from happening as scheduled.

I remember what I was doing exactly five years and 30 hours ago: In the temple with the love of my life and friends and family surrounding us. Grandpa sealed us for time and all eternity. It was beautiful and perfect and everything I hoped it would be. I remember how right it felt, I knew I was doing what I was supposed to at the right time, in the right place and with the right person.

I remember what I was doing exactly five years and 24 hours ago: Married, on our way to the honeymoon after a perfect day. I remember being completely starving, but too giddy to care, and very grateful there was cheesecake and sparkling cider waiting in the hotel room.

I remember what I was doing exactly five years ago: Feeling pretty good about being married, and the decision to book the hotel for an extra night so we could sleep in as late as we wanted. I remember being excited and wondering where we would be in five years. I remember wishing it would be exactly like it is today. Okay, maybe not exactly, but I was hoping we'd have kids, a house, a fantastic job, and lots of money. 3 out of 4 isn't bad!

To celebrate our five years we had a rushed date, but it was a lot of fun. We ran to Pei Wei for dinner, one of our favorite restaurants, and then to a comedy show. We saw John Moyer, LaMar Newmeyer and a third guy I don't remember. I laughed until I cried, especially at LaMar he was hilarious! It was a great way to celebrate five fabulous years, especially since laughing is something we do a lot in our house.

Happy Anniversary, Adam! I love you!

2 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! We love you! I remember what I was doing 5 years ago....just had Breanne, so it is easy for me to remember how long you've been married! We were looking at photos of your wedding the other day. It was beautiful! We were so happy for you and Adam! It really was a perfect day! Crazy how time flies though, huh? Hopefully it will just keep getting better and better!

nicole said...

Happy Anniversary Adam and Christine! So glad we're related to such a great couple. And you're right... 3 out of 4 isn't bad! You got the important things. :)