Thursday, July 9, 2009

this -- could be a problem

This is what I swept up yesterday. Yes, it had been a while- trust me, I had my reasons. Take a look. . .


Look closer. . .



That's right, 18 earwigs, or earwig parts, and 3 crickets, plus a cricket leg near the bottom.


Now, I feed two toddlers and a new baby three meals a day, with two extra toddlers for lunch, four days a week. So. . . I'm thinking there is no way I should have more insects than crumbs and cheerios on my floor. This little mess was from my whole kitchen, and granted Carlie's food doesn't exactly "sweep up"- but still! I had the pest control company here yesterday, they gave me the standard "we value you as a customer" bit. But I'm thinking this is their last chance. And then we'll see.


2 comments:

Kristin said...

Aghhhh! How horrible! I hate bugs. Does Arizona have lots of bugs there?? Good luck with that! P.S. That was a crazy story about your eye doctor. How does that happen? :)

Anna said...

Phew! I thought at first glance that the crickets were roaches. As the owner of a used-to-be foreclosed home that was infested by roaches, I'll take crickets any day. But still, any bug in your house is not a good bug. :p