My apologies to all those faithful readers who most likely don't care about the things I am about to post. But for the sake of my children's future I would like to document the things Lucy and Meg are currently fighting over.
1. Who gets to say the prayer.
2. Mommy's iPod.
3. Who gets to play with little sister.
4. Picking out Daddy's tie in the morning.
5. Who Preston wants to play with.
6. Picking which Backyardigans we watch.
7. Who gets to turn the T.V. off. (SERIOUSLY!)
My kids are definitely not perfect. But I don't think I'd love them anymore even if they were. Right now they are at the table sharing an apple, while Lucy is making party favors for her friends out of Wiki Sticks. The party that is a month away, that she's been talking about for 5 months.
While they are usually SO SWEET, especially at other people's homes, I thought I'd document the tiffs they have. Because in the years to come I hope they remember what it's like to share. All too soon they will be sharing clothes, shoes, the phone, a bedroom, friends, boys. . . I may have to intervene on that one. But for now we'll practice taking turns in hopes that someday they actually will enjoy it.
Here's hoping.
4 comments:
glad to know it's not just mine who fight over turning off the tv... and opening the door!
We finally got internet access again, so I've been catching up on blogs. I love your updated pics of Carlie the cute! What a doll!! And you're hilarious... and a great writer. I love reading your blog!
my kids also fight about the prayer wyatt ends up crying when it is not his turn. they also fight about who gets to open or shut the door. hope it ends soon it drives me crazy.
Today when I left the room my "perfect" children had a macaroni and cheese fight. I then explained to them what the "Looney Bin" is (The place where moms go who had children that drove them crazy)! They laughed.
Post a Comment