Thursday, March 25, 2010

question 9


I turned in Lucy's kindergarten registration yesterday. For how much I have been looking forward to this, I couldn't believe how hard it was! I was not anticipating how picky I am being. 1/2 day, full day, public school, charter school, centennial, coronado-- there are so many factors here.
Question 9 states: Is there anything else you would like us to know about your child? and then gives one tiny line to answer. I started to cry. YES! YES, there is something else I want you to know besides that she is right handed, can take care of her own bathroom needs and dress herself!
Lucy is smart. She loves to read books, even though she is not reading yet. She is the best big sister ever and constantly gives up what she wants to make her sisters happy. Lucy loves to sing, and she is doing very well in ballet. Already she has shown what a hard worker she is. I watched her fantastic ballet teacher yesterday take extra time with her, giving her additional exercises because she is doing so well. Given the opportunity, Lucy will always try to exceed your instructions and go beyond what you ask of her. She is always looking for a way to serve. She loves to spend time with her friends and loves play dates. Lucy has been taught to include everyone. Lucy loves to write and spell. She also enjoys painting and coloring. She is ticklish. Especially on her neck. Lucy is very obedient. When she is disobedient it is often because she didn't understand what was asked of her. If you explain the "why" behind the "what" she will "get it" a lot faster. She loves compliments and responds well to positive reinforcement. If you yell at her, she will be devastated for a while (trust me, I know). She loves her daddy. They have a special bond. She wants to be a mom when she grows up, and nothing else. She has already picked out her future husband, where they will get married, how many children they have and the names of said children. Please don't mock her for that, but take it for what it is, a childhood dream. She is sensitive, kind, caring, logical, smart, artistic, and athletic. She is much better behaved when she has some kind of exercise during the day. Lucy is easy to love, and the best kid a mom could ask for.
That's all.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh that make me want to cry! Why is it so hard to send our little ones out into the world. Lucy is such a cutie.

Monica said...

What an awesome post my friend. I go through those feelings every time I send one out. But then, a magical thing happens when their little minds get to start learning so much. It is truly magical.

I send a letter along with each of their registrations that sounds alot like what you put in your post. I have learned that no one can love my child the way I can, but there are sure alot of people who truly want to help them along the way. Because of this, we have awesome relationships with each of their teachers. Your daughter is going to be fabulous in Kindergarten!!

Shannon said...

She is one special young woman. Know wonder you had a hard time! Thanks for sharing.

Julie Jardine said...

Super cute! You will be glad you wrote down your thoughts about her now....later. What a sweet heart! She will do awesome in kindergarten!

Heather said...

Homeschool!!! I recommend it to every SAHM. It is MUCH easier than most people think and WAY more rewarding =) My kids have gotten a quality foundation and love for learning before they ever set foot in a public classroom. You are right...no one can know your child or love your child like you do =) It was SO exciting to watch my 8 yr old head off to 2nd grade for the first time last year because of the firm foundation of morals and ethics, love for reading, learning and others.

Plus, kids are not legally required to be enrolled in any form of school until they are 8 yrs old.