Tuesday, March 9, 2010

finally finished

Long story. . . when we moved into our house my limited decorating abilities immediately focused to this wall that goes up our staircase. It is very tall and a little tricky to decorate. It needs something BIG. We first tried a painting that I liked at first, and then decided it wasn't "me". Then I came up with this idea. It took a little planning, and about 30 emails back and forth to my friend who does vinyl, and two months of piano and voice lessons to pay the painter. But it was all worth it! It has been on my wall half finished for about 7 months now, and finally I found some discount bronze frames at WalMart that match perfect and have turned it into exactly what I want. Well, almost exactly-- I have a few more ideas that may surface later.

Up close. . .
I do think it would have been cool to do the entire proclamation, but I thought that might be a little hard to read, and I want people to read it. I picked out a few of my very favorite parts, I also had to narrow it down to get the size and spacing right. We have had questions from our friends of other faiths, which is great. I even noticed a neighbor reading it, one who is pretty anti-religion right now, so that's a good start!
As for the rest of the house, I have most of the downstairs finished, the girls room decorated but not painted, our room-- not even close. I have one clock on the wall that has a dead battery and some curtains. It's pretty sad. Someday. . .

6 comments:

Ben and Linds said...

Isn't that what having a house is all about... UNFINISHED PROJECTS. I have lots and I am pretty sure it comes with the territory of having a house (at least that's what I tell myself). Congrats for finishing one!!!!

Kristin said...

Very cool Christine!

Shannon said...

Sweet stuff! Decorating the home is always an on going thing... A love/hate relationship I have with decorating. Totally understand the dead battery in the clock!

etreiersen said...

What a great idea to put parts of the family proclamation on your wall. It is a good reminder to your family but is also a great missionary tool. Looks good! I can't wait to have a house to decorate.

Jonnie said...

Love THAT!! Never thought of putting proclamation parts in vinyl...Hmmmmm....my new house has stairs :)

Shayla said...

so cute!!