Monday, March 15, 2010

weekend away

I just have to share the excitement!

Adam and I have finally booked a weekend away, no kids, just us. Oooohhhhh, I can't wait! I have had in my mind since we got married that I wanted to do this at least every five years to invest in our marriage. We had a bishop before we got married whose father in law told him that he should take his wife on a vacation every year because it was cheaper than a divorce. While I don't know if I can entirely agree with that logic, I do agree that taking time to remember where you started as a couple can add security and strength to your relationship. And I believe that a vacation from the everyday can give you that much needed boost when life gets crazy.

The stars have aligned just right. Having my brother and his wife here the kids are totally comfortable with them, they know their schedules, what they like to eat, how much tv they're allowed to watch, how to break up their fights, etc. Plus, they already live here, and Kristen will be done with her class so she'll be able to stay with the girls all day. And they don't have any kids of their own to juggle (not until June) and my parents will be here that week to help out too. As you can see, it's all coming together. OH! And we got a sweet tax return to cover the amazingly good hotel deal we grabbed. We will have to eat cheap a few times, but it will be so worth it.

Obviously I'm a little excited. We are leaving the weekend before we get our final desicion from CES. On the list of things to do: sleep in. Eat out. Go to the temple, for as long as we want. Rest. That's all.

2 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

Yeah! So happy for you! I hope that it all works out perfect!

Ben and Linds said...

Sounds fun, where are you going??? Ben and I did that about a year ago and it is still with me. These kind of vacations are essential, even if they are short