The girls and I had an early start to the day. I was trying to get to the WIC office right at 8:00 so I didn't have to wait in the famously long lines at the office. I had also heard it was small, run down and super dirty and didn't want my kids waiting there for too long. I googled a map, and then was off. I was right down the street from the office last night, so I was sure I could find it. I took a wrong turn, flipped around and searched, came back, searched a little more, turned around again, went too far, another u-turn, more searching, another couple u-turns, and called 3 different friends for help! Finally, as two friends called me back I found it. It's now 8:45, but there's no line! Yay! I get the troops inside and am told that the computers are down, they don't know how long they will be down. I can wait, or come back later. Everyone has decided not to wait so we have the office to ourselves. I said a quiet prayer that the computers could get going and we could get this process moving along. 20 minutes later we were in. Had I not taken those wrong turns, who knows how long we would have waited!
The appointment still took an hour and a half, and I had arranged for a lady to come to the house and buy our old phone. I told her I would be home by 9:00 and she was going to come at 10:00. Since we didn't get home until 11:30 I was sure I had missed her. She was coming all the way from Phoenix, and I didn't think she'd want to come back. I decided to hang out just in case and not take the kids to the store like I had wanted. 1/2 hour later she shows up! She had taken several wrong turns as well and was just grateful to have found us! So we got the help our family needs right now, and a little extra cash, all because of a couple wrong turns. What a loving Heavenly Father we have!
4 comments:
That's a cool story, I love it when everything works out. The Lord really is mindful of us!
I love your take on things, such a wonderful attitude and outlook!
Wow, I am so glad everything worked out! That is just a great story to remember.
Usually those wrong turns teach me the most and get me where I need to go in a better way. Loved this post.
Post a Comment