We had originally planned to have lunch after sacrament meeting and then remembered Lucy was giving her first talk in primary. She did awesome! She had it all memorized that morning, but got a little nervous in front of every one. But with a little prodding she remembered what to say. She talked about the role of a father and got to talk about her dad which was very sweet.
After church we gathered our friends and family at our house for lunch. We had people coming and going until about 6:00 which I loved! I made some pasta salads and rolls and we had fruit and cookies. Lucy and Megan had fun playing with their cousins and friends. Since that made them miss their naps we managed to get them in bed by 6:45! Wahoo! And they slept until 7:00 this morning. Adam and I went to bed at 9:30 along with Carlie and we all slept until 5:30 this morning. I'm telling you, Carlie has truly brought heaven with her. And seriously, I cannot describe my mood this morning after having such a fantastic day and a full 8 hours of sleep-- I feel so blessed! Yesterday was just the perfect day and so characteristic of our angel baby, it just fits that this was her blessing day.
Unfortunately the pictures of our family do not adequately show how great of a day it was. We didn't quite get a good one, but at least we documented the day.
2 comments:
I'm glad that Carlie's blessing went well. I so wish we could have been there. We were thinking about your family yesterday. It sounds like a lot of friends were able to make it and spend the special day with you. Hope to see all of you soon!!!
she is so beautiful, and it was a wonderful blessing... glad we could be there! :)
Post a Comment