Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Training

Yesterday Adam got off work early to take us to a spring training game, the Angels vs. the White Sox. We met Seth and Caroline and a friend of Caroline's at the game. We had a great time, with the exception of the heat! It was only 87 but we were just sitting there so it was roasting us pretty good. I kept lathering the girls in sunscreen and kept Carlie covered, not worrying about myself- and I came home with a nice burn on my forehead and nose, with a beautiful sunglass outline. Nice.


Isn't Lucy the cutest! She's been a baseball fan since her first game, she was only 21 months old. Yesterday she had more fun running on the grass than watching the game.
We were rooting for the Angels, but in the grand tradition of baseball with children, we left before the end of the game.
The excitement of the day was Adam catching a foul ball! That's kind of the fun of spring training, there's more chances to catch a ball due to the smaller stadium and smaller crowd. It was a proud moment! I blame his fathering skills more than his love for baseball, the ball was headed strait for Carlie's carseat! Either way, it was fun to come home with a free souvenier.

3 comments:

etreiersen said...

Wow 87 degrees. I am so jealous, I woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Your girls are such cute baseball fans. Christine, you so look good. I can't believe you just had a baby a month ago. It looks like you have already lost the baby pounds. Nice job to Adam for saving Carlie and for his quick father like reflexes.

Christy said...

It has been WAY TOO HOT the last few days... I almost had to turn on the AC upstairs on Tuesday... it was 84 inside the loft! We love spring training games that have big open grassy outfields like that! Glad you had a great time!

Me and My Boys said...

Man! You guys must miss Rexburg terribly, With all that warm beautiful sunshine, what a drag, Notice the sarcasm! it was a whopping 43degrees outside and we couldn't stand being indoors anymore, so we went to the park with two feet of snow on the ground still we swang on the swings for an hour, they were in heaven, curse this snow. Glad you guys had a beautiful day. If you ever head up to WA let us know were moving there in April.