Sunday, February 15, 2009

Guess Who's 2?

Megan Linda that's who!

Here is our beautiful birthday girl! She wanted a Shrek birthday party, however she wasn't too adamant about that so she got a flower party instead. Really when we asked her what kind of party she wanted she said "CAKE!" We asked her again, and she yelled, "I LIKE CAKE!" So I figured if she didn't get the Shrek party it would be okay as long as we had cake. (Shrek was hard to find, okay?!?)
Here is the rest of the sugar pile. We had the kids pretty wound up by the end of the party.

We had a pretty serious game of pin the bee on the flower. We also had the kids make flower pictures using their handprints.

And here is Megan opening presents. After presents the kids went outside for bubbles, duck duck goose and tag. Megan enjoyed her party for the most part, she is not used to being the center of attention so I think it was a little confusing for her. Luckily there were lots of big kids around to tell her she was the birthday girl, and that the presents were for her.
WE LOVE MEGAN!
She is definitely the comic relief in our house. She has gone to time out a lot for poking or touching Carlie's head and eyes. The other day Carlie started crying while I was in another room, I walked in and just looked at Megan trying to decipher if she looked guilty. She looked back at me, then turned around and put herself in timeout with a little smile on her face. I couldn't help but laugh!
Megan is always singing, any song that she has heard. She picks up songs from our blog and from movies and we hear bits and pieces all the time.
Megan's favorite movie is Shrek.
Megan loves to do things 'all by self'.
Megan's favorite candy are 'nem nems' (M&Ms).
Megan's favorite color is yellow.
Megan has been dancing since she was 4 months old! She used to rock back and forth to any rhythm,including the printer and the vacuum.
Megan loves music of any kind.
Megan is my tender mercy. She had a very difficult six months at the beginning where she would cry for hours, spit up everything she ate, she wouldn't sleep, and was always fussy. However I feel that her love for music and her humor and fun personality is such a tender mercy from Heavenly Father for enduring that difficult time. If Megan is the reward, I would do it again 100 times!
Happy Birthday Meg!

1 comment:

Julie Jardine said...

Oh that is so sweet! I wish we could be down there to wish her "Happy Birthday" in person! It looks like you had a great birthday party! And I love the bit about the cake. I read it to Jared, and we both agreed that she is super cute! And that it would have been funny to wittness.
Also...your hair is looking pretty long! It looks cute!