Friday, November 7, 2008

crafts for the non-crafter

Wow, two blogs in one day, what the heck is that Christine doing all day? Doesn't she have kids to take care of?
Um, yes, I do. They have been a little sick this week and I've been procrastinating medicine like I always do, but finally their little coughs got to me and I gave them a some medicine. Megan has been asleep now for the past 3 hours and Lucy the last 1 1/2. I may have picked up the nighttime stuff. . . So here's what I did with my free time:
For those of you who don't know, I am NOT crafty. I can re-create okay, but when it comes to thinking up new ideas, or organizing and arranging without someone guiding me, it's not pretty. And I mean that in the most literal sense of the word.
That being said, I gave myself a little pat on the back for this number! I'm going to give it to a friend who's having a house warming party tomorrow, even though secretly I really want to keep it!

7 comments:

etreiersen said...

What a cute table decoration. SOMEDAY when Eric and I buy a house, will you make one for us? I love your new family picture!

Shayla said...

awww how cute. I like the new layout too. :)

Julie Jardine said...

Cute family picture! And cute craft! You are more crafty than you give yourself credit for!

Sarah said...

You go girl! Nice job.

Tiffani said...

Hey there...
Mandi was at my moms house when you left a comment on her blog, so when I heard I had to stop by your blog. Cute little girls, and another one on the way.. how fun!

Question. I need to get going on food storage and it sounds like you have a good system down? Any advice? You should start a blog that is just about food storage :) But really, any advice, recipies would be great.

So great to "see" you!
Tiffani

Tiffani said...

my email is tifflarson@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the info... for the first time in my life I think I am excited to get started on this beast!

Thomas and Mandi said...

Christine-
Hey! It was so great to hear from you! It has been SUCH a long time. I have often wondered where you have ended up- and am so glad that we have found each other's blogs. It has been so fun being able to catch up with old friends through blogging. Your family is so cute! I can't believe you have 2 little girls, and another one on the way! That is crazy. They are just darling girls! By the way... I think you should name your new little girl Mandi- with an "i" of course. :) Take care!