It's really too bad these are only unspectacular quirks because I have thousands of spectacular quirks, but only a few unspectacular ones. . . Right.
The RULES
1. Link the person who tagged you http://www.jardinejibberjabber.blogspot.com/
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
1. This one's for you Caroline: I am REALLY bad at giving people compliments. No, seriously really REALLY bad. I always end up offending the person I am trying to compliment. I don't know why I don't have control of this function, but for some reason I just keep talking until the compliment has turned into an insult. I'm trying to think of an example and honestly there are too many to count!
2. I grew up with a mother who grew up with a mother who lived during the depression so my mom never threw any food away, ever. As a result I have nightmares about day old gravy resurfacing in the next day's meal. There is now forever a rule that WE DO NOT SAVE GRAVY! Adam and I discussed this early on in our realtionship and I remember him asking me "Are you mad at me, or just at the gravy?"
3. I am a recovering germaphobic. It got really bad when I was singing in college, because I knew how bad it would be to get sick but the kids have calmed me down a bit. However, my mind is still in it! Like if I change a diaper and can't sanitize my hands right away because someone has fallen down or bumped their head or whatever I can't stop thinking about the fact that I didn't wash my hands right away. But I resist the temptation to put hand washing above all other needs so that's good, right?
4. I hate being late. For anything. Even things I really don't want to do like getting shots. Or even if we've planned to leave at a certain time but it doesn't matter when we get there, I hate leaving after we planned on leaving. Luckily Adam is mostly the same way. But we've probably annoyed others with this quirk, so sorry.
5. I hate lotion. I know, it's really weird for a girl to say that but I grew up in Seattle where there was more than enough moisture to go around so anytime I put on lotion I just felt greasy. Then I moved to Idaho, and now Arizona where I know lotion is sorely needed and I still can't bring myself to use it more than once a week. Even pretty smelling ones, I just can't do it.
6. Okay, here's something I love. When I was pregnant with Lucy I had the same craving every day. Hot Dogs with cottage cheese and ketchup on top. Maybe it was because my pregnancy with Lucy was fairly easy or because she is such an angel now, but either way I still love that crazy combo! I would eat it every day if it didn't disgust the rest of my family. Oh, and if it wouldn't lead me to severe malnutrition and high blood pressure. However, if you think about it, hot dogs are kind of meat, plus the bun for grain, cottage cheese for dairy and ketchup can give me that important vegetable group. . . It's actually a very balanced meal! So maybe you all shouldn't criticize so much. Maybe it will be a new diet craze someday.
Maybe not.
Okay, who do I want to hear from?
1. Brittney http://wyattbrittneychecketts.blogspot.com/
2. Sarah http://sarahsemptyspaces.blogspot.com/
3. Laura http://meand-myboys.blogspot.com/
4. Kristen http://mkstarr.blogspot.com/
5. Jessica http://thebjorns.blogspot.com/
6. Kristin http://kanddgarlick.blogspot.com/
Happy Quirking!
4 comments:
That is a funny post! I guess I'll have to get mine done now one of these days!! Hope you are doing and feeling well with the pregnancy!!
This post cracked me up! I love the gravy thing... and the pregnancy craving! Blogging is such a great way to learn more about people. By the way, my mom said she loved getting to know you during her trip to Utah, and that you're just awesome!
i think the best is the compliment thing, cause the first time we got done visiting teaching you gave me one and it if I hadn't known better i would have thought it were an insult too. . .and then we were great friends forever more! Now my unspectacular quirks. . .
oh funny. I am a germaphobe now like never before with this little babe. I have to wash my hands before I go to sleep so that I don't forget when I wake up to feed Ella. And I am right with you being late. I HATE IT. Especially church. I hate walking in two seconds late.
Post a Comment