Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lucy's 3rd Birthday

This year Lucy decided on a My Little Pony party. She had a great time with her friends and she is still excited about all her new toys.
We started out with a bean bag toss. . .
Then we had some intense pony races. . .
Followed by presents. . .
Then the BIG present, a new bike. . .
And finally one of Daddy's famous cakes. The birthday girl was a very happy one, and she concluded the day by saying, "This birthday girl is going for a nap!"

*Notice her pony necklace, this was from her friend Dallin. Dallin has been the subject of much conversation at our house since Lucy has noticed the wedding pictures we put up and she is talking about when she gets big she will get married in the temple like Mommy and Daddy did. At first she wanted to marry daddy, but we told her daddy is already married to mommy. Then she wanted to marry Ella but we explained she can't marry her cousin, and she can't marry a girl. Finally she settled on Dallin and one day while they were playing she told Dallin her plan to get married. Dallin was a little grouchy and said "I don't want to marry you, Lucy. I'm going to marry my sister. And I don't want to come to your birthday!" Lucy tried to convince him by saying "You do want to marry me Dallin. It's very fun to marry me!" Anyways Dallin woke his dad up the morning of Lucy's party and said, "Dad I've been thinking about it, and I'm going to marry Lucy." So cute! But I think we'll wait a few years before we start picking colors.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I still remember Lucy's endless smiles & running up to the stand to sit with Daddy back in the day. What a doll she is.

Chris said...

Hello friends,

Wow! Lucy is three. It has been way too long. I ran into Yanni a while back when I went to visit Rexburg. It looks like things are going well.

Kristin said...

So adorable! Looks like you guys had fun!

Christy said...

I'm glad Lucy is working hard to brainwash Dallin... what cuties they both are! We miss all ya'll each Sunday!