Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well Needed and Well Deserved

One of our favorite things to do is to have people over for dinner. If we haven't had you over yet, please do not be offended, you either live way too far away and wouldn't want to travel that far, or our table has been way too small and we could barely fit around it. Christine loves being able to be a hostess and have company over to the house, so for a Mother's Day gift she and I went to a local furniture warehouse and purchased a new table. We were expecting the shipment to take a few weeks, but we received a call on Friday letting us know that it had arrived and that due to lack of storage, they needed us to pick it up right away. We got some help from my brother Seth and borrowed a ward member's truck and POOF, here it is!


(On a brief side note, the chairs came unassembled so that was my Saturday project. Thinking that I would be done in an hour or so I took on the project. 5 hours later, the last chair was complete and I was wiped out. I know I've been getting older and gaining more weight lately, but why on earth would it take a grown man 5 hours to put together 5 chairs??? Oh maybe because there are about 40 pieces of hardware per chair!!)

9 comments:

Christy said...

A good table for every meal is definately well deserved!!! It looks gorgeous... we got a new kitchen table too a few months ago and I love it!

I'm glad Eric told me about your blog so we can keep up with you, even though we don't see you every Sunday anymore!

Come visit us at www.az6pack.blogspot.com

~Christy Wanlass

adorable pearsons said...

Hey Jardines- I am not sure if you remember us or not, but I stalked you through Brittney's blog! Your girls are so adorable & and I seriously cannot believe how big Lucy is! What cute cute girls you have! Feel free to check out our blog www.pearsonal.blogspot.com
Love, Chad and Misti Pearson

Shayla said...

Adam, I am trying very hard to refrain from making fun of you right now. Just thought you'd want to know. BUT I love the table I think it's lovely. I'm going to wager Christine picked it out. :) Guess I need to take a 239898 hour trip to try it out!

Me and My Boys said...

Hey Guys I found you!!!I know you tried to get ride of us but were like that crazy "drunk" uncle you can't get ride of, your girls are so cute and lucy with the ringlets adorable!!!
Miss Ya

nicole said...

Hey guys!! Caroline told me about your blog. It's great! Your little girls are DARLING!! How great that you live so close to Seth and Caroline, that must be so nice. I'm going to have to add you guys to our google reader, so we can keep in touch! Hope your sweet little family is doing well!
P.S. Adam, there's no such thing as "freshly squozen" oj ;)

Megs said...

Wow, I can't believe how much you're adorable girls have grown, they're little ladies!! Cute!! Congratulations on the house, it looks beautiful!! I love the table and chairs, that was our housewarming gift- we have the same chairs!! Great taste!! It's great to keep up with your wonderful family! Love, the Guddat's

Mel said...

Yeah! I was so happy to see your blog, (listed on another family blog...) It is so hard to keep up with cousins, and I always wonder how things are and what is going on. Blogs are the perfect way!

Aubrey said...

Hey Jardines!! This is Aubrey Richardson from 51st ward. I found you on Misti's blog and was so excited to see your super cute family! I can't believe how big Lucy is! How are you guys? Come check us out at www.brettaub.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Hey lady! I found your blog!! How cute! I love the new table - that is one thing that we will need to get sometime in the future! Our little one works for us right now, but will probably need to expand with our expanding family! Hope you are doing well!