Tuesday, January 25, 2011

more bragging

I have to make good on my promise! Carlie has officially begun potty training. I know, it's early. I had no intention of starting her this early, then last Friday she told me she had to go, and went to the bathroom. I helped her get undressed and waited, then nothing. So I left, and she left, then she went back by herself and a minute later came running out yelling "I poop! I poop!" Now, given recent events I was half expecting a mess on the floor-- nope, she had actually pooped in the toilet on her own! I was in the kitchen making dinner, it was all her! She was rewarded with a prize from the candy box, and the next day we made our special shopping trip for panties, pull ups and M&Ms.

Saturday she went once, Sunday once, yesterday we were all over the place so we took a break, and today twice! The first time was right before bath time, the second she, again, took herself in the bathroom and told me she had to go! I can't even tell you how thrilled I am!

We'll see if this keeps up. The best part? There has been no hands in poop for 5 whole days! Wahoo!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's AWESOME!!! My youngest girl trained herself over Christmas and I am SUPER excited to go from 3, to 2 and now only 1 in diapers and he, at only 20m is telling me when he has to go. It's amazing how much they want to be like their older siblings =-) I maybe close to having him trained by the time our new addition arrives in early July =-) Hope Carlie lets you off easy too and you only have your new little one's diapers to change by the time they get here! When is your 20 wk ultrasound? I am having mine next month and am wondering what God has instore for this next chapter in our family. Love you!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Great! I'm ready for Liam to be ready. But he is not, we tried for little while.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

love it when they do that!! YAY!!!

Ashley Gower said...

Your bragging does invoke jealousy from me, I'm not going to lie. Especially given the closeness in age from Carlie to Paisley. =)