Thursday, January 20, 2011

feeling a little braggy

Does anyone else struggle with this? I want to share the positives going on, but when I line them all up in a blog it really feels. . . prideful? braggy? maybe annoying to the reader?!?! But regardless, there are great things happening in our little home and I would like to remember them.


Lucy, our little kindergartner who has always loved reading, has advanced to the AR program at school. This means she has a week to read a more advanced book, and then on Friday she takes a comprehensive test on the book. I was very excited for her because she is definitely one that thrives with a challenge. She is not a kid that works if you tell her it's impossible (that's her momma) but if you explain that she can do it, but it will be really hard and a lot of work, she will absolutely get the job done.

Lucy also started piano lessons with me, of her own decision, and I was determined not to push her. But then I thought, if I was paying some one to teach her, you'd better believe I'd be pushing her to practice! So she's been getting some reminders and encouragement and is doing great. She has even learned two songs by ear, Jingle Bells and-- wait for it-- Antonin Dvorak's New World Symphony Theme! WHAT! This has been my favorite symphony for as long as I can remember and I couldn't be prouder. Honestly, when she started playing it I had to stop and really listen thinking, 'is that what I think it is?' Sure enough she'd figured it out!


Megan and I did get a part in the Music Man. So we are now at rehearsal almost every night. Meg is loving it. She gets really excited to go every night, especially now that we are on stage and moving around. She is the youngest cast member by 3 years, much smaller than the others and adds the most adorable element to the group numbers. They cast me as Ethel, Marcellus' girlfriend so technically I'm not supposed to have a child, so Meg and I aren't together very often. But she's adapting, every 8-12 year old girl in the play has already fallen in love with Meg so she is passed around quite a bit. I'm pretty sure she loves the attention! The show runs Feb. 18-26 if you want tickets you can get them through me!

Carlie--Carlie, Carlie, Carlie. If this kid will make it through a day without putting her hand in her own poop, it will be a miracle. She has started this method of telling me she is poopy. Needless to say, it is wearing on me. Especially because she usually poops twice a day. But she has already pooped on the toilet twice (!) so maybe potty training is just around the corner? Then I will definitely BRAG about that!

We finally heard the heartbeat of little baby #4 and there is only one! SWEET! Adam has been teasing me about twins, I keep hearing stories about twins, and having dreams and crazy thoughts about twins--I was a little freaked out. The worst was when Lucy was having a sweet moment with me laying in bed and out of the blue said, "Mom, don't you think it's cool that you have two babies in your tummy?" WHAT!?!? I think I scared her because I barked, "Lucy, why on earth would you say that? What do you mean? Why do you think I have two babies? Did daddy put you up to this? WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?" Maybe I didn't say all that. But it did totally freak me out. The Doctor said we won't know for sure until we see the ultrasound, but I would probably be a lot bigger if it was twins. PHEW!

Adam is great. Work is great, he's doing awesome, he is so supportive and taking advantage of the alone time with Carlie and Lucy every night. He has way more energy than I do at night, he'll take them to the park or on bike rides, reads and plays with them. We agree that we are glad we won't have this schedule forever, during the show it is nice to have some alone time with our sweet girls.

Okay that's it. Bragging session over. Until next time. . .

3 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

We have the same poopy incidents in our house. ssssiiiiiggggghhhh. Thats all I have to say about that. Although its not as often as yours, sorry about that.

My friend whitney just had twins...and she was tiny all through her pregnancy (but then again she's taller) but just thought I would throw that out there, you know, just for fun. AHHH I miss you.

Julie Jardine said...

Go ahead and brag!!! Isn't it wonderful!!! Glad your having fun.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

totally understand the braggy feeling...but oh so cute! glad to know all about you and your family and the triumphs!! And sooo happy for baby #4!!!!! CONGRATS!