Friday, January 14, 2011

carlie bug is "good"

Every time I ask Carlie how old she is she says, "good". Actually she is two today. And she is very good at it. These are all Christmas pictures, by the way, I haven't actually bought any birthday presents for Carlie bug yet. Which is a little funny, because last year on her birthday I didn't buy any until 5:00 am the day of her birthday. But her sisters insisted on birthday toast this morning, so we made toast with candles in it. Festive, I know.
I am in love with this girl. She has outlived her angel baby phase, and is thoroughly making up for all those months of baby bliss. Yesterday she emptied her diaper by hand all over her room. The sheets survived, but the pillow pet did not. I was not going to comb out poop from a stuffed poodle. Just about every day she goes through about 8 cups, putting two swigs of water in them, drinking the water, then putting the cup in the sink. Or she will just take the cup of water and pour it on the ground. Carlie also loves wipes. If she gets her hands on the box of wipes, it will be empty in no time. She hates being told no. She talks back. Time out is her least favorite place. She loves being outside. She has run out of the house several times, so quickly you have to hit a full on sprint to catch her.
And I seriously love this kid. She makes me laugh all the time, is the best snuggler, always wants to help, always seems to be checking on someone.

Some of our favorite Carlie phrases are:

"You be monster. I be monster"

"I sit-a-by you!"

"Mommy, ere are you?"

"Peas, peas, I hab it?"

"A binkie night night?"

Her favorite songs are:

"Bingle Bells"

"Tinkle Tar"

"Sunbeam"

"I am a Child of God"

...and any disney princess song, she knows them all! My favorite is "I owe you, dah dah dah dah, pon a dream!"

I am grateful for this Carlie bug. I'm glad she's my third, I have mellowed a lot, and yes, she does get away with things Lucy would have never gotten away with. But that's okay! She really is a joy, and we are so glad to have her in our family.

2 comments:

nicole said...

What a cute post!! I've missed your blog. You're so funny- and a great writer too. Your little Carlie-bug would get along great with my little Jakey-buddy. He's pretty rebellious and strong-willed too! But they'll be steadfast and immoveable adults, right? (At least that's what I keep telling myself.)

Sarah said...

Awww- what an adorable little one. Just like the rest of you. Happy birthday to her!