Sunday, February 6, 2011

sisters

For any of you who knew my in high school you will remember me often explaining that I wanted NO girls. NONE. Then maybe I'd say, "okay, one girl would be okay, but I will NOT have sisters in my house." I remember my friends with their sisters being catty, mean, and doing things that would humiliate each other. NO THANKS!

So Heavenly Father blessed me with these little princesses. They are sisters, and they are good at it. I love watching them interact and seeing their different relationships.

Carlie definitely looks up to Lucy as a BIG sister. Lucy helps Carlie get snacks, turn on shows, reads books to her, and helps her with her jacket and shoes. Carlie loves to be around Lucy, she loves to be included in anything that Lucy is doing. Lucy is often laughing with Carlie, she will come up to me and tell me cute things Carlie says.

Megan and Carlie are buddies. Megan loves to be the mom and dramatically run and save her baby. She also loves to dress up Carlie and have her play princess. They play very well together and love to pretend. Meg does use Carlie as a scapegoat too often, but we're working on it.

Megan and Lucy are best friends. They really are. They are just now getting their own friends now that they are both in school. But they really struggle when one is invited to a playdate and the other isn't. Lucy will comfort Meg, "it's okay Megan, I'll play with you when I get home" and Megan will beg to go. Megan does the same when she leaves. And honestly, Lucy has a way harder time if Megan goes without her. They love to color together, play pretend, ride bikes, play outside, build "machines" with the broken toys in the backyard and LOVE to play in the bath.

I know this is probably the honeymoon phase of sisterhood, since no one has hit teenage years yet. But that's okay, I will enjoy while I can.

3 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Sisters are awesome. They go through a phase of meaness in the teen years but before that and after they are best buds. (generally, you get your few wierd ones from time to time though, like my mom and one of my aunts)

Julie Jardine said...

My sisters and I must still be in the honeymoon stage. We were probably even better friends when we were teenagers, so don't be so quick to assume the worst. I think your girls will always love and be kind to one another. They are so darling.

Sarah said...

I don't know why but when I began reading this I started to tear up. It won't last long or ever be the same, will it?