Thursday, December 30, 2010

my christmas gift

My two favorite guys giving my new Christmas present a new face lift.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
Dad and Adam sanded and refinished the entire outside, giving it a gorgeous darker finish, repaired one leg, buffed out the scratches, added new knobs, and gave it a serious tuning.


I couldn't be happier! Plus, I think dad may have tripled the value from what Adam paid for it with the work he did. Hooray!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

OOhh can they do mine!? I have a piano. The outside needs Serious work and the inside needs A LOT of tuning. It sits in my mom's garage and sometimes I wonder if its worth holding on to. We dont' know where it origionally came from or how old it is. My Great-grandmother found it left behind in a house she rented one of her orchard workers in CA, kept it, it survived a fire and eventually ended up in my Grandmother's basement (that flooded a few times) we played it all the time as kids. It was going to get taken to the dump by relatives when She had cancer, but I had it hauled out of her basement before she passed away and we took it to my mom's in CA. Then it got hauled to Boise when my mom moved here. I don't even have room for it yet. I seriously can't part with it after all its been through...but I also don't know what do with it either. lol.

etreiersen said...

What a beautiful piano. I bet you love it. What a great gift.

Kristin said...

Very cool!!

a farmers wife and her real life said...

Beautiful! That's an awesome gift. Go Adam! I'll bet you're loving it!