I love the box of memories that comes out at Christmas. My grandma gave us these three little angels, for our three little angels last year and I think they may be my favorite ornaments. And these girls love them. What a great way reason to think of great-grandma every year.
Carlie putting the final bow on the tree. Our home-made tree topper with ribbon from the $1 store after we were first married. I still love it!
Our snowflake candy cane tree!
More memories. . . This book was written and illustrated by some old friends of ours. We worked for Rexburg Housing together, back in the day. He has since become a very talented illustrator and our kids love this book. We keep it with our Christmas stuff so it will hold up over the years. The elf Sam, is named after his son who was born a few weeks before Lucy.
My favorite part? Singing season! I love singing, and performing but don't seem to have the time I used to, or the opportunity. But Christmas changes that. I'm working on two solos this week, plus a number or accompaniments, a Christmas recital, caroling, all the ward choir stuff and getting ready for an audition. Meg is auditioning too, that kid is going to tempt me to become a stage mom! It's a lot of work and I love it!
3 comments:
So when you say WAY colder do you mean -5? Just kidding. We have been having very cold and snowy weather up here. You Christmas tree looks great. What is the title of the book Lucy is holding? I love reading stories to the kids.
I agree we need to figure out this visiting thing out. Want to come in May when Eric graduates from Law School? Mom & Dad & Grandpa & Grandma Mills are coming.
Looks like so much fun! I'm excited for Christmas too. Especially music season, or singing season as you call it. I've been thinking about you a lot as I've been playing in an orchestra for a stake's production of "Amahl and the Night Visitors" It actually turned out quite good for a stake, and I can hear it more because I'm not actually in a pit. Hope you have a fabulous Christmas/singing season!
Wow the girls are getting so big. And they are all so beautiful. Glad to see someone else likes Brandon's book.
Post a Comment