Saturday, November 27, 2010

thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was great. Different than I expected, but great. And I was truly thankful for a lot of things. Planning ahead, for example, when I didn't know I was planning ahead.

A few weeks ago I grabbed this beauty at .37/lb, even though I knew we were going to my cousin's for Thanksgiving. It was a great deal, I couldn't pass it up!


Then my cousin got the stomach flu. So we decided to stay home. I also stocked up on green beans, french fried onions, stuffing, and potatoes just because they were so cheap. Which kept me from running out on Thanksgiving morning.
I also had to make rolls for this little pilgrim's preschool class. Isn't she cute!

My roll recipe makes abou 60 rolls, and instead of making the whole batch I froze half of them so I could pull them out later.
Which all worked great since I got sick the day before Thanksgiving, leaving Adam in charge of cooking. He did a fantastic job, and only had to run out for an oven bag. The girls made the green bean casserole, and I did buy a pie. Adam has a thing for store bought pumpkin pie. OH! And I grabbed four books last time I went to the library and was thinking, 'how am I going to read all these?' which made being sick all the better, because I had some thing to do while I recovered.
Plans changed, and I'm Thankful for that!



2 comments:

etreiersen said...

What a good attitude you have. Megan is definitely the cutest pilgrim ever! I'm glad you thought ahead and were able to still have a nice Thanksgiving dinner.

Julie Jardine said...

What darling pictures of Megan! I'm so glad it worked out. And I'm sorry we seemed to bring some bug with us from Utah. Hopefully not everyone gets it. Your turkey looks great. Good for you. I think I'm going to try to do the turkey next year.