Thursday, June 24, 2010

trying

I'm trying to enjoy this stage.



I'm trying to remember that someday they will not want to be around me.



I'm trying to appreciate all the loving, all the cuddling, all the needing.



I'm trying to justify that Carlie's screaming when I do something that isn't 100% focused on her means that she wants to be with me, because she loves me.



I'm trying to embrace my constantly interruppted showers as a concern for my opinion-- on everything.



I'm trying to sing a little louder and a little sweeter with every request for a lullaby.


I'm trying cherish every minute that Lucy is home, knowing in a few shorts weeks she'll be spending her day with someone else.


I'm trying to relax and enjoy the mess, the evidence of kids who love to play together.


I'm trying to realize that Meg's love for dancing, singing, and performing comes with a few tantrums-- but it's worth it.


I'm trying. But yesterday doesn't count.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Love it!

Cilka said...

Weight Watchers. Best thing I've ever decided to do. It's practical, you don't have to buy special food, you can eat anything in moderation, there's classes, etc. I love it and it's working!

Ben and Linds said...

This post is adorable and so true!!!!

etreiersen said...

So is this your way of announcing that baby # 4 is on the way. Just kidding :)

KatobanBlessings said...

I love that..thanks for sharing.

Julie Jardine said...

Been there.

Classic post. Way to be so honest.

Hopefully the rest of your week will be better!

Anonymous said...

Amen, sistah. And that is just how it is! I feel the same way. I really do try to enjoy it, but sometimes it's hard. Your girls are so cute, btw.

Sarah said...

That was me, btw. Not anonymous.