They took us to a lake/dam/park/river/mine that was super fun. The kids had a great time exploring.
We've done a lot of swimming at the pool and at friends houses. I can't seem to get the kids in swim lessons fast enough. We've had some close calls with Carlie and Megan-- no fun. We've also played in the dolphin pool which is always a big hit.
We've had about 100 otter pops, that is our afternoon treat when peak hours come for the electricity and we turn the AC off.
We've been to the library, and learned quickly that there is not the same selection in the summer time. We ended up coming home with a DVD of Mickey Mouse Club episodes from 1955. The girls did actually watch it, but they were a little confused at what was going on. My favorite part were the commercials, and the gender appropriate career exploration. I don't think it would fly today.
We've had some play dates and date swaps. The girls love playing with friends and we have some great ones around. We're so glad we get to stay here!
We got Lucy's boundary exemption approved so she is officially a Coronado Coyote. She's showing off her letter like a college acceptance letter. It's the cutest thing! Needless to say, she is very excited to start kindergarten.
We've seen more miracles. We're trying to budget-still and forever- it's an ongoing process isn't it? We're trying to save the piano money for extras and emergencies and decided that some needs would just have to wait. Then we had a member of the ward stop by. He told us he'd had a strange impression and felt it was from the spirit. He didn't want us to be embarrassed and said he hesitated coming over, and then said. "You need new shoes." We couldn't disagree. Adam has needed new shoes for several months now, but we just haven't had the money. Then he gave us a $100 bill. We were a little amazed. We pobably shouldn't have been since we've seen so many things miraculously work out this year, I guess we just did not expect it. We felt once again the realization the our Heavenly Father knows who we are, and He knows our needs.
We've gotten almost a whole new ward! I like it! Not that I didn't like the old ward, I totally did and there are a lot of people I am already missing. I was called to be the ward choir director again, and about 90% of the choir I was working with are now in different wards. We did however have an octet show up on Sunday, and they were balanced, and really, really good. I was also called to teach Relief Society which I am sOoOoOoOo excited about. I love Relief Society. I taught on Sunday and it was great, there are some amazing sisters in there, I could just feel it as I looked at them.
We've watched a lot of movies, done a lot of laundry and loved having Daddy home about 4:30 every day. Adam is absolutely loving his new job. Right now it's mostly studying for 8 hours a day, but they also have training meetings that he calls "awesome". He finds out today his schedule for next year and how many students he'll have. I'm enjoying my new contacts, courtesy of our new insurance.
We've watched a lot of movies, done a lot of laundry and loved having Daddy home about 4:30 every day. Adam is absolutely loving his new job. Right now it's mostly studying for 8 hours a day, but they also have training meetings that he calls "awesome". He finds out today his schedule for next year and how many students he'll have. I'm enjoying my new contacts, courtesy of our new insurance.
So, how's your summer going?
3 comments:
Ahh the joy's of summer, Have I told you that you two make the cutest babies! Glad to her you guys are having a blast in the sun!
Summer, we too are eating it up!!! I love having all my kids home, all day. Congrats on your calling I taught relief society in California and loved it too. You will be great!!!
Sounds like a fun summer so far. Do you want to get out of the heat and come visit us? Today's high is 54 and it is currently 43. Your girls are so pretty. I can't believe how old Lucy is looking.
Post a Comment