1. First, this picture is the girls after a story time about a cat that wore a mask. Then all the kids got to make a mask, and they had a great time. Lucy and Megan just love books!
2. I have been working on food storage recipes and more importantly (and more stressful) the budgeting of food storage. On top of that the reality of another baby coming kind of hit us this week, and the added expense of that. So I had to cut my grocery budget this week, AND try to start buying extra to get our storage built up. How could this possibly work?
Amazingly enough our local grocery store had a case lot sale this week which brought down prices on a lot of the items I need for food storage. I still wasn't able to buy a lot, but I bought enough that I think we now have a month's supply of food. It's a start anyway! Let me tell you, I have such a testimony of 1 Nephi 3:7 that when the Lord gives a commandment he will make a way for you to accomplish it. (And I didn't go over my budget for groceries!)
3. Adam is our ward mission leader and he started a 40 day fast in our ward this last week. We are having one family in the ward fast for 40 consecutive days for missionary work. We have had some great support from the ward and are hoping it will really unify us in missionary work.
4. Megan is talking all the time. She's at that super fun stage where she is learning new words every day. My favorite is when she sees her cousing Hope and yells "PO!", that's her name for Hope. She can also say all kinds of things, Papa, milk, more, please, thank you, mama, dada, and all sorts of animal sounds. She is a sweetheart and we are so proud of the little angel she is.
5. Lucy can't get enough homework. We finish her homework from preschool and she immediately wants more. Luckily Grandma gave her a workbook last time she came for a visit that we use to fill in the extra days.
Lucy also loves to read scriptures. She won't go to bed without them. That has been a neat blessing in our family. I think the only days we've missed have been when Lucy's fallen asleep before the bedtime routine. She loves nursery and preschool. That girl just loves learning.
6. Yesterday I did my first recital and the kids did great! I'm doing another one this weekend with the other half of my students and I think it will go just as great. I have 15 students now and I am loving teaching piano and voice. Hopefully the new baby will cooperate as well as Lucy and Megan have so I can keep going for a few more years.
7. We are excited that it's cooling down around here, we even had to turn on the heat two nights last week! Adam planted our winter grass on Saturday so hopefully we'll be able to play outside soon. Or at least, play outside for longer than ten minutes at a time.
That's it for us, we are overall doing pretty good thanks to A LOT of blessings that we are seeing every day.
2 comments:
It seems like it is getting hard for me to find time to blog too. But good idea to just put a quick list of everything thats been going on. So that is pretty amazing that Adam is going to fast for 40 days. You will have to let us know how that goes. So after he does it, is someone else in your ward fast for another 40 days? Or does Adam just do it for a portion of the 40 days, then someone else does a couple of days?
Also, your girls are super cute!
Julie, you're too funny! I'm surely not going to be fasting for all 40 days. 40 families will each fast for one day for 40 days.
This way I can maintain my health and the blessings get spread around! :)
Post a Comment