Sadly the camera ran out of batteries and we haven't bought more yet, so no more cute pictures of the kiddos. But they are all doing good! The baby is kicking me all the time. It's getting a little bit harder to move around, but most of the time I'm doing okay.
I have had a few early mornings this week because of some dreams that have kept me from going back to sleep. But I do see this as a blessing as these dreams have really inspired me to get going on my food storage. No more excuses, we have a house, we are settled, we have a job, it's time to just DO IT! Luckily I have expert friends who are showing me the tricks of the trade and I think I will be able to start shopping this week! I started by making practical meal plans for 10 days with two meals a day. Then I multiplied all the ingredients I would need for 10 days by 36.5 and made a shopping list. I also priced everything out so there were no surprises at the check out line. Now I just have to go shopping!
The meal plan thing is really working for me. When I thought about buying 70 cans of wheat and 50 cans of beans from the cannery I would just get overwhelmed thinking, 'what am I going to do with it all?' Now I have a plan and I know exactly what I need and how I am going to use it. Hopefully I can start acquiring this week and my goal is to have everything I need in about 6 months. Maybe 8 since there will be a new baby in there too.
Here's hoping!
6 comments:
good for you! We need to do that to!
Wow. I have been thinking about this. How do you start? How do you know when you are done? And how do you do it without money?
It's me again. I would love any help you can give me. skyandsarwestergard@yahoo.com. Thanks!
I'm right there with you! I've been waking up withmy heart pounding, worried about getting prepared! WE've done alot but I will probably never feel satisfied. Ugh.....
You need to teach me everything you know!
Will you share your list of meals and/or ingredient lists? I am so impressed and I would love it if you would let me piggy back on you!
Post a Comment